Lake District Full-Day Photography Workshop
Explore the heart of the Lake District, photographing the national park's beautiful and diverse scenery and learning how to catch those fleeting moments when light and landscape conspire to take your breath away
Let me know when you'd like to do your workshop and we'll plan a date. You can also plan two or three consecutive days
Each full-day workshop is 8hrs long and can incorporate dawn and/or dusk depending on the time of year
Maximum three people
£300 per person (one-to-one workshop); £350 for two people; £400 for three people
Pick-up from your home or holiday accommodation; private transport in a comfortable and spacious Nissan X-Trail; light lunch; tea, coffee, drinks and snacks; use of tripods and LEE Filters if required; in-depth photography tuition by William Gray; Lightroom post-processing session on request
Travel to and from the Lake District; accommodation, breakfast and dinner; insurance
Since this is a tailor-made workshop, it is suitable for complete beginners through to advanced photographers
Please click here to view my latest safety precautions
Suitable for beginners or enthusiasts, my one-day, tailor-made photography workshops in the Lake District are equally rewarding in spring, summer, autumn or winter. Pine trees rooted to their reflections in sheltered tarns, dry-stone walls snaking over golden fells, mountain panoramas, tumbling streams... the Lake District is full of potential for creative photography. The challenge is how to distil the overwhelming scenery and ever-changing light into photographs with impact and originality.
• On this one-day workshop, I'll be able to give you the individual tuition and feedback you need in order to develop your landscape photography skills and take them to the next level – no matter what your level of experience.
• We'll delve into the art of composition, exploring how viewpoint, lens choice, careful framing and the use of leading lines can transform ordinary images into memorable ones.
• As well as the bigger picture (and there are plenty of those in the Lake District), we will look for details, textures and patterns in nature.
• How to capture light in all its forms will, of course, be central to our photographic forays – depending on the time of year, we'll photograph from dawn to dusk – and you will also learn how to get creative with filters and long exposures.
Why this trip?
• The small group size of up to three allows me to concentrate on your individual needs – whether you want to master essentials like exposure, focussing and depth-of-field, or develop your eye for composition or a particular photographic discipline.
• If you're a beginner, there will be plenty of time to become confident with your camera's settings.
• I'll provide instant feedback on your images throughout the day and if you'd like to include a session on post-processing using Lightroom, just let me know.
The exact itinerary for our day will be flexible, photographing from dawn to dusk and reacting to the constantly changing light that you often find in the Lakes. When you reserve this workshop using the form below, you'll find sections asking what areas of photography you're keen to focus on, and whether there's a particular area of the Lake District you'd like to explore. Using this information, I'll produce a bespoke itinerary for you.
SPECIAL OFFERS Book two consecutive Lake District One-Day Photography Workshops before the end of December 2022 and receive a discount of 5% from the total cost.
You may also like...
I just wanted to let you know that I had an amazing time. You were very patient and informative and I feel much more confident about my camera and taking better pictures. The workshop was a birthday present from a dear friend and I will be giving her the most positive feedback and thanks, which is very much down to your expertise and warm teaching manner.
SALLY | ONE-TO-ONE WORKSHOP
Lake District Photography Portfolio
Click on the gallery below to browse a selection of my favourite Lake District photographs. You'll be able to view them at full-screen size and read details of the camera and lens used for each one – as well as information on exposure.
Connect with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter