Cornwall Full-Day Photography
Join photographer William Gray for a tailor-made day of one-to-one tuition in Cornwall, capturing stunning seascapes and taking your photography to the next level
Let know when you'd like to do your workshop and we'll plan a mutually convenient date. You can also plan two or three consecutive days
Each full-day workshop is 8hrs long and can incorporate dawn and/or dusk depending on the time of year
Maximum three people
£300 per person (one-to-one workshop); £350 for two people; £400 for three people
Pick-up from your home or holiday accommodation; private transport in a comfortable and spacious Nissan X-Trail; light lunches/pasties; tea, coffee, drinks and snacks; use of tripods and LEE Filters if required; in-depth photography tuition by William Gray; Lightroom post-processing session on request
Travel to and from Cornwall; accommodation, breakfast and dinner; travel and photographic insurance
Since this is a tailor-made workshop, it is suitable for complete beginners through to advanced photographers
Let me know if you'd like recommendations for places to stay in Cornwall
Please click here to view my latest safety precautions
Renowned for its wonderful, ever-changing light, Cornwall is a magnet to artists and photographers. I'll take you to little-known coves and iconic viewpoints, ensuring you're in the right place at the right time to capture stunning seascapes, amazing clifftop scenery and often-overlooked coastal details. During May, wildflowers carpet the cliff tops; autumn sees golden colours burnishing the ancient oak woods of Bodmin's river valleys, while winter promises feisty weather – perfect for moody seascapes.
I've designed my Cornwall One-Day Photography Workshops to be as flexible as possible. Let me have your preferred dates and tell me where you want to go, or leave the arrangements to me and I’ll suggest the best location and itinerary to suit the time of year and what you hope to gain from the workshop.
• Capture the essence of Cornwall: surf-strafed beaches, wild headlands and traditional fishing villages – but also explore lesser-known photographic highlights, such as tin-mine ruins, moorland rivers, lighthouses and dramatic rock formations.
• Master the art of composition and how to simplify scenes for impact as you tackle big Atlantic seascapes using a range of techniques, such as high-key photography and long exposures.
• You'll receive a bespoke itinerary, but potential photo locations include St Michael's Mount, Cape Cornwall, Land's End, Porth Nanven, Lizard Point, Kynance Cove, Trebarwith, Trevose Head, Kennall Vale and Bedruthan Steps.
Why this trip?
• Depending on the time of year, we'll rise early to catch the dawn and photograph until dusk, reacting to the changeable light and weather to make the most of our time in Cornwall.
• The small group size of up to three allows me to concentrate on your individual needs – whether you want to master essentials like exposure, focussing and depth-of-field, or develop your eye for composition or a particular photographic discipline.
• If you're a beginner, there will be plenty of time to become confident with with your camera's settings. You'll be amazed how much you learn in just a day.
• I'll provide instant feedback on your images throughout the day and if you'd like to include a session on post-processing using Lightroom, just let me know.
The exact itinerary for our day will be flexible, photographing from dawn to dusk and reacting to the ever-changing light that washes over Cornwall. When you reserve this workshop using the form below, you'll find sections asking what areas of photography you're keen to focus on, and whether there's a particular area of Cornwall you'd like to explore. Using this information, I'll produce a bespoke itinerary for you.
For a small extra charge (to cover the tour fee only), I can easily include a 2-4hr boat trip in your day to photograph dolphins, seals, seabirds and occasionally minke whales in the seas off the Cornish coast. Available from May-September, boat trips operate from Falmouth, Newquay or Penzance. If this is of interest, please let me know.
Book two consecutive Cornwall One-Day Photography Workshops before the end of December 2022 and receive a discount of 5% from the total cost.
You may also like...
I just wanted to send huge thanks for our wonderful workshop in Cornwall doing seascapes and riverscapes! We loved every minute of it and it has given us so much to work on and practice. And of course, I’m pretty sure some amazing shots. You are the perfect host and teacher, generous with your time, patience and expertise. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I have come away with greater confidence to just get out there into the landscape and play around with different settings and creative ideas. I have gained a greater insight and knowledge of the thought processes involved when composing shots, what to look for in good monochrome compositions and how to play around with exposures for those very creative long exposure shots. Perfect.
CAROLYN | FULL-DAY ONE-TO-ONE WORKSHOP
Cornwall Photography Portfolio
Click on the gallery below to browse a selection of my favourite Cornwall photographs. You'll be able to view them at full-screen size and read details of the camera and lens used for each one – as well as information on exposure.
Connect with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter