Full-Day Photography Workshop
Patchwork fields, beech woods, water meadows and old stone cottages epitomise this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the heart of England
Daily, year-round, on request. Simply let me know what date suits you best
1 full day; exact timings to be confirmed but to include dawn and dusk except during mid-summer
Maximum of three people (from the same household). This workshop is also ideal for one-to-one tuition, or for couples
£250 per person (one-to-one tuition)
£300 per couple
£350 per group of three
*Book two days and receive a 20% discount on your second day
A full day of tailor-made photography tuition from William Gray. Use of tripod and filters if required
Regrettably, transport is not currently included due to Covid restrictions, so we'll arrange to meet at a location, or I'll ask you to follow me in your own vehicle. Please also bring your own food and drink
Since this is a tailor-made workshop, it is suitable for complete beginners through to advanced photographers
I've lived in the Cotswolds for over 20 years, photographing its beautiful and surprisingly diverse scenery throughout the seasons. On this full-day workshop, I'll share with you some of my favourite, often little-known, locations for photography, picking the ones that not only suit the time of year, but also offer you the very best opportunities to develop and improve your camera skills.
• Depending on the weather and time of year, we might start by photographing sunrise over a mist-covered water meadow.
• We'll explore the craft of landscape photography, using dramatic beech woods, rolling countryside or iconic Cotswolds landmarks to master composition and viewpoint.
• If you're interested in wildlife or macro photography, we'll visit a nature reserve to photograph orchids or butterflies.
• You can customise your day with optional add-ons, below.
Why this trip?
• With a full day to spend on photography, we'll be out from dawn to dusk, making the most of the best conditions and learning about the changing qualities of light.
• A full day also gives us time to photograph in more than one location, allowing you to practise a range of techniques.
• If you're a beginner, there will be plenty of time to demystify your camera and become confident with its various settings.
• I'll provide instant feedback on your images throughout the day, and can also include a Lightroom demonstration.
When you reserve this workshop using the form below, I'll also ask you what you hope to gain from the day, what areas of photography you're keen to focus on, and whether there are any particular subjects you would like to tackle, such as close-ups, abstracts, wildlife etc. Using this information, I'll put together a bespoke itinerary for you, including details of where and when we'll meet and what time the workshop will end. Where possible, I like to make these full-day workshops run from dawn to dusk, but this can mean an extremely long day during summer! We can discuss how long you want to be out once you've reserved your place. I look forward to hearing from you.
For a small extra charge (to cover admission fees only), I can easily include a visit to the Cotswold Wildlife Park, Batsford Arboretum, Hidcote Manor Garden or the Snowshill Lavender Farm if you'd like to spend more dedicated time on wildlife, plants or garden photography during your full-day workshop. If this is of interest, please mention it in the form below.
You may also like...
It was a great day. William was both extremely knowledgeable and considerate to my limited experience. Within a short time he had mastered most of the features on my camera and explained them to me in a way which made them easy to understand. William's experience was invaluable in helping me come to grips with the relationship between light conditions and aperture settings and shutter speed. I can highly recommend a one-to-one day with William. Thanks for a great day out, worth every penny
BRIAN | FULL-DAY ONE-TO-ONE WORKSHOP
Cotswolds Photography Portfolio
Click on the gallery below to browse a selection of my favourite Cotswolds photographs. You'll be able to view them at full-screen size and read details of the camera and lens used for each one – as well as information on exposure.
Connect with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter